RE: Question in HOT BACKUP

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 14:00:00 -0400

Yes, I thought about that point, Robert. Just another good argument against backing up on-line redo.

My favorite argument is:
Please describe a valid backup/recovery scenario where a backup copy of on-line redo is required to succeed. (Hint, there isn't one!)

Also, I'd argue that anyone who backs it up "just because" or "because we want it", is simply demonstrating a lack of underatanding of basic backup and recovery principles.

Ok, that last statement will probably ruffle some feathers.... Sorry, I don't accept "I don't want to type 'resetlogs'" as a=20 valid argument.

-Mark