RE: Converting from physical to logical standby

From: Orr, Steve <sorr_at_rightnow.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 09:36:59 -0600

Thanks.

RE
> converting PSB to LSB is not possible.
What about creating LSB from scratch... Can it be done without making the primary inaccessible?

Follow up question... Anyone have much experience with LSB vs PSB? I know PSB performs better but is LSB just as dependable? If performance is okay with LSB is it otherwise just as good as PSB?

Performing a full export on the primary could impact performance but could be quite suitable on a standby. One possible advantage of LSB is that you don't have to toggle the recovery/database open status.

Other thoughts on PSB vs. LSB? Any reason whatsoever not to perform RMAN backups on the standby?

Standing by...
Steve Orr