Converting from physical to logical standby

From: Orr, Steve <sorr_at_rightnow.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 11:04:35 -0400

Howdy! (Been awhile since I've been on this list...)

2 Questions:
1) What's the best way to convert a physical standby to a logical standby? The physical has been running for awhile now.

2) How can I create a logical standby with RMAN? MetaStink indicates this is not possible but this doesn't seem reasonable. I've created physical standby's from RMAN without requiring primary downtime and I'd like to do the same with a logical standby creation.

3) How can I have a physical and logical standby on the same server where they both have the same primary? I.E. the same database name. (I lied, this was the 3rd question.)=20

Steve Orr
Bozeman, Montana

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Sep 28 2004 - 10:00:34 CDT