Re: Oracle Vs Sybase

From: GovindanK <gkatteri_at_fastmail.fm>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 13:38:15 -0700

AFAIK

  1. Sybase is case sensitive (eg) tables EMP ^= Emp ^= emp; Applies to Column names too.
  2. More so, i don't find the equivalent of AUTONOMOUS_TRANSACTION in Sybase. May be someone else has.
  3. Date formats 'look' different
  4. Oracle Single Quote = Sybase Double Quote
  5. You can do something like this in Sybase SQL (though i am not sure of the syntax) (IF Contraint EXISTS THEN DROP CONSTRAINT my_constraint; END IF ) GO
  6. You have BEGIN TRANSCTION --> END TRANSACTION. More on this you can refer to Sybase materials.

HTH GovindanK