RE: question on standby (LGWR, ASYNC)

From: Freeman Robert - IL <FREEMANR_at_tusc.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 13:57:15 -0500

The biggest issue I've seen is with network latency. Remove that and you have solved half the problem. You need the fastest connection you can get between the two systems. Generally the standby server/database itself is not the bottleneck, unless it's just woefully underpowered, or being used for other things.

Robert