RE: How to find all the SQL Server servers

From: Yerong He <yhe_at_challenger.com.au>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 08:49:22 +1000

in MSSQL, try
osql -L

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$PROD1\Binn>osql /?

usage: osql              [-U login id]          [-P password]

[-S server] [-H hostname] [-E trusted connection]
[-d use database name] [-l login timeout] [-t query timeout]
[-h headers] [-s colseparator] [-w columnwidth]
[-a packetsize] [-e echo input] [-I Enable Quoted
Identifiers]
[-L list servers] [-c cmdend] [-D ODBC DSN name]
[-q "cmdline query"] [-Q "cmdline query" and exit]
[-n remove numbering] [-m errorlevel]
[-r msgs to stderr] [-V severitylevel]
[-i inputfile] [-o outputfile]
[-p print statistics] [-b On error batch abort]
[-O use Old ISQL behavior disables the following]
      <EOF> batch processing
      Auto console width scaling
      Wide messages
      default errorlevel is -1 vs 1