RE: Solution to 100's of Oracle clients installed with Net8 and l ocal tnsnames.ora, sqlnet.ora

From: Gogala, Mladen <Mladen.Gogala_at_aetn.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 16:19:05 -0400

OID is an enormous piece of software, it requires its own database, it's very hard to set up, requires replication and it doesn't support any other LDAP software, despite the initial promises. I am not going to run it, even if it means replicating tnsnames.ora over Samba and NFS.

--
Mladen Gogala
A & E TV Network

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail -- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l -- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l