RE: Solution to 100's of Oracle clients installed with Net8 and local tnsnames.ora, sqlnet.ora

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_quadtechworld.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 13:53:01 -0500

Yes, we did something very similar with SunOne (formerly iPlanet). The = problem comes in with all those Support bux that we pay that don't do us = squat when Oracle Networking takes a dump. Will it happen? I doubt it. =  But I'm not willing to bet my future paychecks on it. We're sticking = with ONAMES -- for now. Maybe 10g will be (is!) different.

Rich