Instance Recovery

From: Ganesh Raja <ganesh.raja_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 11:35:48 +0100

Hi All,

Thought will get somethings clarified .. I am not able to find anything on the docs on this.

During Instance Recovery .. The Recovery is Performed by Smon and the Change Vectors Generatedd for both the changes made and the Changes to the UNDO are read by Smon and Applied ...

Now Is this Change Vector Applied directly to the DB Files or are they Build on to the Buffer Cache and then Applied By DBWR into the Datafiles.

One of my freinds have gone into the pains of getting the data out from the X$bh to prove that nothing exists in the Buffer cache during instance recovery ..

Would be really helpful if i can clear this up.

Thanks.

Cheers
Ganesh R