Re: dataguard = Rac and/or Standby for 10G

From: mkb <mkb125_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 06:20:38 -0700 (PDT)

> Is anyone using Dataguard? Is it worth the extra
> $$.

--snip---
> I plan to test drive 10G dataguard, I was just
> wondering what others
> thought.

We're testing it right now (10g on Win2003). It's a lot easier now with Dataguard. We're using the CLI and not EM to manage things.

Role switching and failover now only require a single command and everything automagically switches over to our standby site.

I'd say that if you need it use it. It's fairly easy to setup and manage, at least it has been thus far in our test environment.

--
mohammed