dataguard = Rac and/or Standby for 10G

From: Duret, Kathy <kduret_at_starkinvestments.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 11:12:19 -0500

Is anyone using Dataguard? Is it worth the extra $$. We are still firmly on the fence as to whether we are going 10G Rac or just 10G. We are not a true 24/7 shop and our applications are not ready for Rac or Standby (i.e. they would have to be restarted) so I am wondering if I should bother with dataguard or not. We have standby for 8i now and just wondering if dataguard is worth it.

I plan to test drive 10G dataguard, I was just wondering what others thought.

Oh, and we decided to keep the binaries local for the oracle home instead of on the San. We couldn't find a compelling reason either way for us. We would not have plenty of room on the SAN so we would not have had to buy more storage (yet any way). The internal / san time was the same. We really didn't have that much hitting the binaries.

Kathy

This transmission contains information solely for intended recipient and may be privileged, confidential and/or otherwise protect from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies of this transmission. This message and/or the materials contained herein are not an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to buy, any securities or other instruments. The information has been obtained or derived from sources believed by us to be reliable, but we do not represent that it is accurate or complete. Any opinions or estimates contained in this information constitute our judgment as of this date and are subject to change without notice. Any information you share with us will be used in the operation of our business, and we do not request and do not want any material, nonpublic information. Absent an express prior written agreement, we are not agreeing to treat any information confidentially and will use any and all information and reserve the right to publish or disclose any information you share with us.