Re: Licensing for test and development servers?

From: Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 01:40:36 +0200

I've seen a lot of shops being fully licensed (i.e. producttion, development and testservers). One shop just recently renewed their licensed and part of the deal was that devlopment/test goes for free now. AFAIK all databases should be licensed, except for the test and study purposes at your home system. However, lots of execptions arise when Purchase and Sales people are putting deals together. If you want the offical Oracle guidelines, download and read the Software Investment Guide (SIG) from oracle.
Best regards,

Carel-Jan Engel

===
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. (Derek Bok) ===