Re: Books to suggest

From: <jo_holvoet_at_amis.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 15:26:03 +0200

Why would you have to read online ?
Choose the PDF and let Acrobat Reader save a local copy for printing.

mvg/regards

Jo

ryan_gaffuri_at_comcast.net
08/27/2004 14:47
Please respond to oracle-l

        To:     oracle-l_at_freelists.org
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Books to suggest

save your money. go here (dont have the link to the 10g docs handy...) http://www.oracle.com/pls/db92/db92.homepage read the 'concepts' document. skip the stuff on java. oracle has very good. free documentation. downside is you have to read it online... i think you can buy it from them to get it in book form. If you really want to buy a book, try out 'Beginning Oracle Programming'. Skip the PL/SQL chapters, they aren't that good. Best chapters in the book are chapters 5-8.
OCP books are not very good for learning Oracle. The free docs are much better.