RE: authenticate from Windows network account to backend Oracle database

From: McBain, Neil SITI-ITISEEEE <Neil.McBain_at_shell.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 08:07:49 +0100

I have not accomplished the feat, but we are rolling out OID here and I = was told by Oracle that to use Single Sign On with OID communicating = with Active Directory you need to use OID 9.0.4 minimum (part of 10g AS = 9.0.4). I guess that is not to say that you could write your own = synchronisation LDAP interface that replicated AD to OID and vice versa = (not something I would consider fun !). We are only going to use OID as = a tnsnames.ora replacement just now as Oracle were unable to inform us = of one customer who was using Single Sign On through OID to AD, but we = have gone with OID 9.0.4 so that this is technically possible in the = future, although I can just see the finger pointing now when OID and AD = do not quite communicate the way they are meant to.

Cheers,
Neil.