RE: Grid ... Was: Is RAC DOA?

From: Karniotis, Stephen <Stephen.Karniotis_at_compuware.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 20:56:22 -0400

Mogens with eloquence.

One of the most significant issues with Grid is the ability to transfer entire IT environments to support it. We're talking about = centralization of
all resources so that servers, disks, networks, databases, routers, = etc.
become "services" that can be utilized at a moments notice. The fact = of
reality is that will never occur in most IT environments. The concept sounds good the costs are extremely high.

Thank You

Stephen P. Karniotis
Compuware Corporation
Direct: (313) 227-4350
Toll Free: (800) 462-7740 ext. 74350

Mobile:	(248) 408-2918
Email:	Stephen.Karniotis_at_Compuware.com=20
Web:	www.compuware.com=20