RE: Is RAC DOA?

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 04:57:06 +1000

Yep.  You're missing the simple fact that grid is bigger than RAC.  Sure, R=
AC enables a lot of the grid technology but you can also have non-clustered=
 databases in a grid environment on different OS's.  Add Streams and the ab=
ility to have cross platform transportable tablespaces and you'll see more =
of the overall grid environment.

 =

Pete
 =

"Controlling developers is like herding cats." Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook
 =

"Oh no, it's not. It's much harder than that!" Bruce Pihlamae, long-term Oracle DBA