?? wierd cold fusion programmers ??

From: david wendelken <davewendelken_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 17:13:02 -0700 (PDT)

I've been on a government Cold Fusion / Oracle project in the DC area this year and have had an extraordinary (for me at least) situation.

It's a cool project, we're doing neat stuff, we're well (but not over) organized, using good engineering, etc. That's the normal part of the project. :)

Out of 4 individuals brought onto the project as a Cold Fusion programmer this year, one felt that coming in to work 50% of the time and working **precisely 8 hours to the minute** the rest of the time was perfectly acceptable behavior. The one that replaced him has been great to work with. :)

Then we got an ok to add an extra Cold Fusion programmer. One came to work on the first day 2 1/2 hours late, stayed for 2 hours, then left and never came back. The next came and stayed for an entire day, then left and never came back.

Has the Cold Fusion market for programmers been so hot that this is normal behavior for them? Maybe the government market for people with clearances is that different from the commercial world I'm used to? Or did I just get a statistical fluke after 20 some years in the industry?

Maybe I should drop Oracle and switch to Cold Fusion and while away half my time chasing the wife around the house instead of going to work!