Re: Is it just me

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 09:26:06 -0700

> The idea is not using fashback as the audit trail, but use it very
> temporarily (seconds, or minutes at most) to provide the AQ-handler with
> actual information. When the queue cannot be handled within a very
> limited amount of time, I think flashback/AQ isn't the right solution
> either. I like the logminer thing very much. Extending that idea, one
> could also think of streams to put the logging in a separate database on
> another server.

This would seem to be a good opportunity for someone to maliciously modify data, and delete the audit trail. The lack of audit trail could then be blamed on flashback not having the data due to high activity.

Or even better, cause a storm of activity, or take advantage of a naturally occurring one ( Oracle Meteorologists? ) and ensure the the audit trail for the nefarious activity is never created.

I admittedly know little yet about how flashback works, so maybe this none of this will work. I'm sure someone will point it out if so.

Jared