Re: Is it just me

From: Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 16:52:47 +0200

The idea is not using fashback as the audit trail, but use it very temporarily (seconds, or minutes at most) to provide the AQ-handler with actual information. When the queue cannot be handled within a very limited amount of time, I think flashback/AQ isn't the right solution either. I like the logminer thing very much. Extending that idea, one could also think of streams to put the logging in a separate database on another server.
I worked for a lottery, where everything needed to be logged as well. The systems could only be reached through some management server, through personal ID's, (user oracle couldn't login, one could only sudo to it) and all keystrokes from the management server were logged on a blackbox with write-only disks (I think it was freeBSD based). This box wasn't approachable for internal sysadmins or DBA's or whatever.

The logminer/streams thing can be used to achieve a similar separated environment. Might even help with meeting SOX-related requirements.....

Best regards,

Carel-Jan Engel

===
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. (Derek Bok) ===