Re: 10g $ORACLE_HOME

From: <J.Velikanovs_at_alise.lv>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 22:54:27 +0300

Jeff,
Lets ask your self how many max OH do you have in your environment? On our site we have ~20 servers, mostly development environments with relatively many OH-s on each server.
No one server has more then 10 OH. Is there any reason to add additional directory level to make life easier?
I suppose NO.
.
>o You can install different products with the same release number in the
same
>$ORACLE_BASE
>o You can install the same product more than once in the same
>$ORACLE_BASE

I can do it now as well ;)
Just name directory a little bit different, for example:

9.2.0.4.db
9.2.0.4.cl
9.0.4.infa
9.0.4.bif