RE: relation shared pool elements phys mem

From: Feighery Raymond <Raymond.Feighery_at_churchill.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 10:54:59 +0100

Jeroen

The large pool is an optional memory structure used for Shared Server (MTS), RMAN and PQ operations. It has to be big enough to hold everything it may need as it has no LRU list.

You should try to discover what sessions are running out of memory and why. (Metalink ID:1070975.6 may help).

Your SGA should definitely fit into your physical RAM, although Oracle will still run (slowly) even if it doesn't.

You could also post: Version, platform, Physical RAM, SGA size and whether you use MTS.

Ray