relation shared pool elements phys mem

From: Jeroen van Sluisdam <jeroen.van.sluisdam_at_vrijuit.nl>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 11:30:26 +0200

Hi,

I have an undersized development box where my main problem is the memory

I regularly get
ERROR:
ORA-04031: unable to allocate 48 bytes of shared memory ("large pool","unknown
object","session heap","UGA heap pool")
I have a shortage of phys memory. I remember that the complete SGA should fit into
1 memory segment. Is this correct and does this imply also this should be in phys memory also?
I have a swapfile that is not used extensively.

If I downsize my sga, should i decrease the size of the memory segments as well to profit from the
decrease ?

Regards,

Jeroen