RE: Oracle 10g

From: Joe Cooper <aregularjoe8_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 22:09:58 -0700 (PDT)

Not entirely true. At least on Solaris 8, we were able to successfully migrate directly from 8.1.7.0 to 10g (10.1.0.2). I don't have the docs with me, but I'm fairly certain that anything lower (i.e. 8.1.6) would require an interim migration step.

HTH   Joe Cooper
Senior Oracle DBA
Highline Data
(A division of Highline Media)
Austin, TX
Lex de Haan <lex.de.haan_at_naturaljoin.nl> wrote: you can only migrate existing databases to 10g from four "final" releases (which is not bad at all, I would say) so the choice is indeed to upgrade to 8.1.7.4 first, and then to migrate to 10g;
or to forget about migrating ...
Kind regards,
Lex.

visit my website at http://www.naturaljoin.nl

If you're going to take more than a month or so to plan this, you might as well upgrade to 8.1.7 first. I can't recall if one can migrate from 8.1.6 to 10g, its been several years since I used 8.1.6.