Re: LOGMINER ORACLE9I

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 17:21:49 -0700

oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org wrote on 08/04/2004 02:14:56 PM:
> Hi,
>
> When i'm trying to start logminer noticing following error.
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-01323: Invalid state
> ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_LOGMNR", line 53
> ORA-06512: at line 1
>
> Can someone send how to setup logminer in Oracle9i?
> Looks like may be I'm skipping some step.
> thanks

The best advice would be to study the manuals on this.

There are a number of articles floating around on the internet, but all that I looked at fall into at least one of the following categories:

  1. The article is largely plagiarizing the manuals
  2. The article offers poor advice
  3. The article is too terse.

Just read the manuals.

I've been playing with LogMiner today as well.

While discussing it, does anyone know of an approved and documented procedure for re-initializing LogMnr?

After losing a few sessions to ORA-3113, the dictionary gets quite large. Running logmnr_create_replace_metadata is one option, but that is not exactly 'supported'.

Jared