Re: System tablespace corrupted

From: Tanel Põder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 18:41:19 +0300

> But dbv still gives the error pointing to one block as corrupt page 223 is
> influx most likely Media corrupt and page 224 is marked corrupt.

Influx doesn't mean corrupt, you are dbv'ing an online file? In 9i, when dbverify finds a block that is inconsistent, it reads it again - if the block has changed, then dbv determines this block as in flux (being written at same time dbv reads it). Dbverify probably retries a few times to try to get the consistent image before marking the block as influx.

To which segment do those blocks belong to? Perhaps AUD$ or FGA_LOG$?

> Should I restore it from cold backup to get rid off this error?

If you got RMAN backups you could do block level recovery for your corrupt block if you don't have much downtime allowance. If you do, then just restore the file from backup, then verify whether the restored file is ok with dbv, if it is then shutdown, replace the file, recover and open up your db again.

Tanel.