RE: recycle and keep buffer in other tablespace block sizes

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:11:21 -0400

Comments in-line, below.

Mark J. Bobak
Oracle DBA
ProQuest Company
Ann Arbor, MI
"Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc"

-----Original Message-----
From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 3:56 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: RE: recycle and keep buffer in other tablespace block sizes

 I read Mark
What I was asking why if the view has the same name from one release to other=20
the number of fields change
"but your query in 9i don't work, can't find ds.end_buf#" means "why things like things happens."
Sorry If I didn't express correctly=20

<MB>  Ah, ok, I see.  Well, obviously, the way the buffer cache is
<MB>  is managed has changed in 9i.  I would guess it has to do with
<MB>  9i's ability to grow and shrink the buffer cache dynamically,
<MB>  and the added layer(s?) of code to support that, but I haven't
<MB>  totally worked out how it fits together yet.