RE: Oracle Baselines and Java Internals

From: Michael Thomas <mhthomas_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 11:18:44 -0700 (PDT)

Its possible that java objects, classes and source code can exist in the database that you would never be

able to track from *only* the db tier. This may be *more* likely if the java developers find out that a DBA is attempting to track 'all java changes'. ;-)

Therefore, its probably a good idea to keep it as simple as possible at the db tier. At least it should be no more complex than auditing a data change. But, I doubt its possible (in the database) to audit java objects, classes, and source anywhere near as well as standard relational data.

I didn't want to mention this because the next (il)logical thought might be to prevent java inside Oracle. But, good luck.

Regards,

Mike Thomas

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail - 50x more storage than other providers! http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail