RE: Oracle Baselines and Java Internals

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 16:06:49 -0700

Jared,

>That would be useful, but I need a baseline at a certain date, for
>comparison
>to the database at a later date.

I am inclined to think of a Statspack type of architecture where you 'snapshot' DBA_OBJECTS to be used for comparison. The drawback is that you might miss multiple changes in between. However, if you can capture all DDL events into a persistent table (as I am doing), then you could produce both a Periodic report as well as programmatically provide snapshots of changes....

Just a thought!
John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc
Phone: 408-970-7002 (W)

Disappointment is inevitable, but Discouragement is optional!