RE: Measuring SQL Net Traffic

From: Feighery Raymond <Raymond.Feighery_at_churchill.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 10:34:57 +0100

A web or application server may have thousands of sessions over the = course
of the day connecting to the database. I am hoping to be able to use a single point from which I can gather information such as no. of = connections
made and total no. of bytes received and sent.

Now v$sesstat has session related information which is updated to = v$sysstat
at session termination. I suppose if I could manufacture some sort of pre-logoff trigger which captures this information based on machine = from
v$session (to restrict connections from other sources), but as all the connections are going through a single SQL Net Listener, isn't there = some
easier method of information gathering here.

Or did you mean something else?

Ray