RE: VIRUS ALERT, do not open attached ZIP file from Oracle-Lmember

From: Goulet, Dick <DGoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 10:18:39 -0400

Ron,

        True, but the amount of trash mail I get at home via the snail is = miniscule compared to the electronic variety and it never tries to = infect you with something or steal your passwords. And it never tries = to spoof someone else's identity. I fear that if Spam and all other = forms of junk e-mail aren't curtailed somehow, that will be the end of = e-mail. Heck, as of Monday my company is blocking individuals from = accessing their personal e-mail systems, like Yahoo Mail, because of all = the virus traffic.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA

From: Michael Thomas [mailto:mhthomas_at_yahoo.com]=20 Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2004 9:45 PM
To: Jared Still; Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Subject: VIRUS ALERT, do not open attached ZIP file from Oracle-L member

Hi ORACLE-L list posters,

Warning if you posted on Oracle-L lately...

I just got an email from dgoulet_at_vicr.com with ZIP attached. Yahoo scan did not detect virus, but my McAfee did trap the virus.

Warning if you posted on Oracle-L lately...

Regards,

Mike=3D20

PS: Sorry if the email source was spoofed, but it did say it was from dgoulet_at_vicr.com.

        =3D09

Do you Yahoo!?
Take Yahoo! Mail with you! Get it on your mobile phone. http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo=3D20=20

Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com=20