Re: Re: private memory used by oracle process in AIX ??

From: <J.Velikanovs_at_alise.lv>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 16:09:47 +0300

Prem,
It is good that you have found the solution. I have read mentioned article, and it is looks that svmon is the right tool for your purpose on AIX.
BWT:
> One such tool is "svmon". This program can be located on the IBM AIX
CD-ROM
> as part of the AIX fileset "perfagent.tools". Use the command "smit
install_latest"
> to install this fileset.

“svmon” not installed by default I have checked some boxes. Looks like additional tool which AIX dev kindly provide.

Thank you for sharing useful information.

Jurijs
9268222

http://otn.oracle.com/ocm/jvelikanovs.html

"Prem Khanna J" <premj_at_rediffmail.com>
09.07.2004 15:05
Please respond to oracle-l

        To:     oracle-l_at_freelists.org
        cc:     J.Velikanovs_at_alise.lv
        Subject:        Re: Re: private memory used by oracle process in
AIX ?? Hi Velikanovs,
I am not much ware of "UNIX virtual memory mechanisms" . but the AIX coomands metalink docs suggest are:

ps v
svmon

IIR, "svmon" is the one u r looking for.

and in case of "ps v"

RSS - TRS -> gives u the private memory used by a process.

<QUOTE>
The RSS number is equal to the sum of the number of working-segment pages in memory times 4 and the code-segment pages in memory times 4.

The TRS number is equal to just the code-segment pages in memory times 4. </QUOTE>

Doc 123754.1 says so.Is that not right ? i am not sure about it.

Thanks and Regards,
Prem.