Re: Have you had any issues with 9.2.0.5

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_sagelogix.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 07:11:42 -0600

If you are running 9205 on Sol8 or Sol9 64-bit, then there is a bug that can be nasty. 9205 gives an ORA-00600 [kslawe:!pwq], thus crashing the instance. A fix will be included with 9206 or 10.2 (Sept timeframe?), but in the meantime you can use the one-off patch #3566420. Just applied it yesterday -- not sure how effective it is or whether there are other side-effects. We crashed due to the bug (in development) within a day of applying 9205; kind of wonder how long Oracle regression-tested that patchset?