Datfiles/logfiles layout

From: Harvinder Singh <Harvinder.Singh_at_MetraTech.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 10:23:31 -0400

Hi,

We are setting up the oracle database machine and layout the files as following.=20
Env 10g on Win2k
2 cpu xeon processor box
2 raid array (raid 0, since this is testing) of 14 36G each and controller for each
Current layout:
Oracle software, control file, Rollback tablespace, temp tablespace, index tablespace(100GB file with extent sixe of 512MB) on 1 raid array
(H:)

Table tablespace (100GB file with extent size of 1GB), redo logs on another array (I:)

We are testing insert performance where we are selecting from IOT table
(on H:) and inserting into another table (on (I:) and its indexes on
(H:)

Is this configuration looks ok or what are the changes that we can try?

Thanks
--Harvinder