RE: 10g show stoppers

From: Rognes, Sten <Sten.Rognes_at_schwab.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 13:49:39 -0700

> I don't have ASM installed on my play box yet. If I remember correctly
> ASM is a separate install and is started
> seperately from the Oracle instance then they talk to each other.

ASM is part of the database kernel - if you want you can run the ASM instance and the DB instance using ASM from the same software home. Still I'd think most would want to maintain separate software homes for ASM and databases.

Dependent on your OS you might have to install addition software such as ASMlibs for Linux.

Sten