RE: Issues with queries after upgrade,

From: Guang Mei <gmei_at_incyte.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 11:25:40 -0400

Do you have the same init.ora parameters in dev, test and production (all 9.2.0.4), such as sort_area_size?

I also found the 9i's explain plan is different from 8i's for some of our queries. This must be due to the optimizer changes (or some not-so-visible default parameters changes) that Oracle puts in 9i. The only way to find them is to thoroughly test all your queries in 9i before moving into production.

Guang