Re: Setup.exe not responding

From: M Rafiq <rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 09:42:37 -0400

What version of Oracle are you using?
Have you using software installed from CD? or downloaded from OTN. Which zip utility you used to unzip downloaded software. Use winzip. I had problem when I used zip utility of MSTOOL KIT when winzip was not installed on a server.

However, I not tried Windows XP but Windows 2000 SP 4. Check for software setup requirements as well.

This I found from Metalink....
Are you installing on Windows XP?
Oracle 9i is the first version that is supported on Windows XP. XP Professional is the only version of XP currently supported. This does NOT include the Citrix Metaframe XP Terminal Server. Citrix Metaframe XP is not supported.

Regards
Rafiq

From: "Vikram Mehta" <vikram.mehta_at_cellebrum.com> Reply-To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
To: <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>
Subject: Re: Setup.exe not responding
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 12:31:28 +0530

Hi All,
Thanx for the help
I have tried a number of things

1.)  SYMCJIT.dll renamed
2.)  Classpath , path changed to investigate a java related problem
3.) I have a earlier version of OUI  1.6.xxxx which runs on my machine
     There I tried giving the products.jar of DBAStudio.
     It gave a error message "OUI 1.7.014  or further needed"

Any clues.

On the net I have seen this problem is quite well known. And yet the only known solution is SYMCJIT.dll renaming.

I have another question... .Y does one version of OUI work on my system and the other does not?

Regards
Vikram
And yes i forgot , i tried clicking harder too.... thanx for the tip