RE: Unix Question

From: Powell, Mark D <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 09:35:19 -0400

I know a site where the DBA has determined that the new UNIX administrator has never seen a UNIX system before in their life. But management hired them and now the DBA performs almost all the UNIX administration functions in order to protect the system from the administrator.

I also know a site where the developers for an outside contractor were given the root password, and the developers are pretty much Windows people who know next to nothing about working on UNIX.

Jared, has a very valid point: no one should post invalid or dangerous material without proper identification and warnings.