RE: RE: Oracle 10g beta certification exam for New Features

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 05:28:34 +1000

You don't pass now.  That's the whole point of the feedback on the question=
s.  You only get marked on the questions that end up in the final exam, whi=
ch makes a lot of sense to me.  The delay in getting the certification afte=
r the exam is purely a process thing.  Once they've determined the question=
s, they then mark you on those and send you the results.  If you go in for =
the Production version, that process is no longer needed so it's quicker.

 =

Pete
 =

"Controlling developers is like herding cats." Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook
 =

"Oh no, it's not. It's much harder than that!" Bruce Pihlamae, long-term Oracle DBA

From: tim_at_sagelogix.com [mailto:tim_at_sagelogix.com] Sent: Friday, June 25, 2004 11:10 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

Something important to note...

When I took the 8i beta certfication, I was charged "only" $25.00, but the test was much longer and they solicited feedback on each question.

When I didn't receive my certification in the mail over the next couple months, I called Oracle to ask when I would receive it.

It turns out that passing the beta certification did not confer certification. I had taken the exam with the understanding that I was getting certified for less money (i.e. $25.00 instead of $100, $125, $400, etc). Instead, it turns out that I was being charged $25.00 for the privilege of helping Oracle beta test their exam.

I had to take the test again, paying $125, in order to receive my certification.

I don't know whether this is true of the 10g beta...

This e-mail, including attachments, may include confidential and/or proprietary information, and may be used only by the person or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified tha= t
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. If=

you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replyin= g
to this message and delete this e-mail immediately.