RE: db block size

From: Harvinder Singh <Harvinder.Singh_at_MetraTech.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 09:58:05 -0400

Dennis,

Both. I am testing a insert performance on Oracle database where I am selecting from a 1M table 1000 rows at a time and inserting into big table having 200M records and 4 big indexes. So just wondering if different block sizes can help read ahead etc ...currently database block size is 8k.
Any article on db_block_size will be greatly help?=20 (Already searched on google but still looking for specific article references from experts)

Thanks
--Harvinder

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]On Behalf Of Harvinder Singh Sent: Sunday, June 20, 2004 7:06 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: db block size

Hi,

It will be great if u can point me to some white papers/articles =3D explaining how to choose the database block size for different kind of = =3D
tablespaces : index ,data ,temp, undo etc...

Env: 10g on WIN2K

Thanks

--Harvinder

=3D20