Re: Re-installing Oracle 9i registry entries in Windohs

From: Fuad Arshad <fuadar_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 09:49:39 -0700 (PDT)

i've fixed this before by exporting an oracle registry from another machine and then just changing the variables to match my config. normally works without any major hiccups.. if your on 2000 or xp windows does make a regular backup of your registry in some folder. havent doen windows in a while so not sure.

"Jesse, Rich" <Rich.Jesse_at_quadtechworld.com> wrote: Hey all,

I lost my C: drive on my desktop this weekend (right during an 8i->9i migration!), but I installed Oracle 9.2.0.4 (server, I think) on another HD. Obviously, the registry entries are gone and I'm thinking Oracle's not going to work.

Anyone fixed this before? Is it just a matter of trying the Installer or do I actually have to redo the whole freaking install?

TIA,
Rich

Rich Jesse System/Database Administrator rjesse_at_qtiworld.com Quad/Tech Inc, Sussex, WI USA