RMAN error with multiple channels

From: Manmohan Jalsingh <mjalsing_at_lycos.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 19:51:12 -0400

Hi

I am evaluating TDP 2.2 (Tivoli Data Protection for Oracle) to backup oracle database using RMAN. I did a full backup with 5 RMAN channels. The RMAN backup includes about 15 backup peices size ranging fron 9gb-23gb. Now I am trying restore using multiple channels(4) which is failing after restoring about 30%. I tried restore with just 2 channels which also failed after 80%. I am getting either "Session rejected: Communications protocol error" or "datafile xx not restored due to missing or corrupt data" errors.

I am wondering if anyone encountered such problem and how they fixed it. The problem happens only when multiple channels are used. With single channel the restores works just fine. The Oracle version is 9.2.0.4 and the backup server has 7 diskpools.

Thanks
Manmohan

Find what you are looking for with the Lycos Yellow Pages http://r.lycos.com/r/yp_emailfooter/http://yellowpages.lycos.com/default.asp?SRC=lycos10