Re: WebForms = Developer Forms + Reports?

From: Teresa Redmond <oracle_at_pixelmeow.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 10:11:09 -0400

> Teresa,

> We used to have 8.1.7 - if I am not mistaken - with iSuites, Apache as
> the web server and Forms60 server for or forms. That provided us with
> access to the forms by loading a web browser with a URL pointing to the
> ifcgi60 executable that would in turn load JInitiator (needed version of
> JInitiator may vary). After loading JInitiator, the logon screen would
> come up. All forms resided on the form server.

This sounds like what I would like to do, but we have 8.1.5. The forms that are on the client machines now were developed with Forms and Reports 4.5, or Developer/2000. I would like to have information on how to go about setting this up, but I haven't found anything like what you describe at OTN. We have been in the process of upgrading our forms and reports to version 6 (not 6i) in anticipation of going web-based, but we can't get the funding for that. That's why we wanted to see about another way to keep everything on a local server (to us, the developers) with the clients only having a link to the executable, runtimes, whatever. Do you know of a place where I can research how to do what you describe? I apparently can't find the right combination of search terms for either google or OTN.

Thanks!

(and an aside to the administrator of this list, I have noticed that any time I send email to the list my email seems to trigger out of office replies, where no-one else's emails do that. Any idea why? Apologies for that...)

--
Teresa Redmond