RE: Did you ever have one of those days?

From: Michael Thomas <mhthomas_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 18:55:02 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

It must be the time of year or something. Yesterday was an unfortunate day for me, too, but at least it wasn't Oracle related. :-)

I was attempting to increase the RAM in one of my systems to 4G and mis-seated one piece and melted all my RAM (3x1G) in the system as well as the motherboard. It was a really good system, and the replacement cost was *high*. Oh well. But, enough of my rubbish.

If I notice a trend in many Oracle discussions lately, on this lists and others, it seems to be a general lack of accountability by 'supposedly' qualified Oracle people, and/or their management supervisors. This results in our frustration, and surely frustration by our management experiencing errors/failures due to 'simple ignorance'. Unresolved errors/frustration are also difficult to handle.

Its very encouraging to me when I see 'new' and positive things like this presentation:

"...describes the motivations, attitudes, and mechanics of testing conjectures about Oracle..."

http://www.hotsos.com/e-library/abstract.php?id=41

Surely, the process Cary describes, if adopted, will help identify and root out 'simple ignorance' and some of our frustration with 'supposedly' qualified peers [myself frequently included ;-)]. I am impressed and amazed by the tact of some of our proven experts w.r.t the scientific approach to Oracle. Thanks to them.

Have a great 'rest of the year' if you relate to the subject line. :-)

Regards,

Mike Thomas

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Domains – Claim yours for only $14.70/year http://smallbusiness.promotions.yahoo.com/offer