RE: Did you ever have one of those days?

From: <Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 20:20:42 -0400

Man my heart bleeds for you. Hopefully your fellow DBA's won't rake you over the fire like they did when I was trying to help them get their report services running on 9ias - which they never did but in the process had to reinstall 9ias because just reinatlling the midtier went terribly bad - imagine that. Even though you gave them the quick alternative to move the services to another box and run from there - instead they ignored you then went 2 days later (after not saying anything) to you manager's manager.

AND ALL THAT WAS IN TEST.   Thank your lucky stars that didn't happen to you. IT WAS TOTALLY OUT OF PROPORTION TO THE EPISODE AND OTHERS HAVE DONE MUCH MUCH WORSE ON MY PRODUCTION SYSTEMS!!!!

So, I can't imagine how you are feeling now but in my environment it would have been like having my skin slowly peeled from my body.