RE: spfile help needed

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 06:01:00 +1000

Alan

If you have started the instance without an spfile (i.e. you're using a pfi= le) and then create the spfile, you will need to restart the instance for t= he spfile to be used.

For those parameters that are not system modifiable, you can use the scope=3D= spfile clause to make the changes there. Since you are not changing the me= mory value, that change will only take effect on next startup.

The alter system reset clause is really only for use in a RAC environment.

 =

Pete
 =

"Controlling developers is like herding cats." Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook
 =

"Oh no, it's not. It's much harder than that!" Bruce Pihlamae, long-term Oracle DBA