RE: 9i RAC or 10g RAC ?

From: Montgomerie Steve <steve.montgomerie_at_siemens.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 08:00:17 -0400

We're on Windooze so I can't try to reproduce your *touch* test case. We did have some initial problems but no show stoppers. I agree that at the time the time
the documentation for OCFS was weak and so was Oracle Support. I most disappointed with DELL
support though. It took a month of arguing and swapping parts to determine that I had a bad processor tray.
In my incident I could crash a node by running clustercheck. On hearing that DELL support proclaimed that they
did not support customer RAC installs, only solutions that DELL provided.

We had one crash this year and I blame that on myself for skipping maintenance one month and not performing the obligatory reboot every 30 day deal with Win2k.

Steve Montgomerie
PeopleSoft/Oracle Administrator