problem oracle mogration 8.0.5 to 10g

From: Abhishek Saxena <AbhishekS_at_KPITCummins.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 12:57:16 +0530

Hi gurus
1. whether direct migration is supported from 8.0.5/8.0.4 to 10g, in the oracle doc it is said that first we will need to migrate to 8.0.6 and then to 9i, so which path u had used in your case?

2. What is the preffeered way, manual migration or through migration utility or export/import, and which method u have used?
3. what were the runtime problems u faced and what are the risk factors we need to take into account?
4. I have migration doc from oracle, but do you have your own prepard doc which describes the steps required for the migration
5. ALSO they customr has some other tools like power builder and forms 4.5 running,, so will it have any problem for connecting to oracle10g ?

If you can let me know these answers today, it would be greate.

Thanks in advance.

Abhishek Saxena
Oracle Apps DBA
KPIT Cummins Infosystem Limited
Ph : +91 20 25458277/78/79 Ext. : 1016 mail : abhisheks_at_kpitcummins.com
visit : http://www.kpitcummins.com