RE: Unable to do a 10046 trace on another users session

From: Cary Millsap <cary.millsap_at_hotsos.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 05:42:26 -0500

One thing to consider is that some Oracle Forms applications do a lot of session spawning. If you don't trace all of the Oracle sessions that are involved in your user action, you're not going to see the work done in all of those sessions.

Unfortunately, when one Oracle session spawns another, the called session doesn't inherit the caller's 10046 trace level attribute. The "trick" is to identify all the Oracle sessions that participate in your user action.

Cary Millsap
Hotsos Enterprises, Ltd.
http://www.hotsos.com
* Nullius in verba *

Upcoming events:
- Performance Diagnosis 101: 5/7 Dallas, 5/18 New Jersey, 6/22
Pittsburgh
- SQL Optimization 101: 4/19 Denver, 5/3 Boston, 5/24 San Diego