RE: OCP

From: Dobson, Lisa <LISA.DOBSON_at_HOMEGROUP.ORG.UK>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 14:57:11 +0100

UKOUG?? That applies to Bill too. :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: April Wells [mailto:AWells_at_csedge.com] Sent: 22 April 2004 14:32
To: 'oracle-l_at_freelists.org '
Subject: RE: OCP

 Last year, I got to go to IOUG. That was because I was presenting, and what I got was the time off to go.

This year I hope to go somewhere... I just don't know where or when... or if... budgets still aren't back yet

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Mladen Gogala Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2004 9:18 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

On 04/22/2004 07:54:44 AM, bill "shrek" thater wrote:
> "Ryan" <ryan.gaffuri_at_cox.net> wrote:

> pay for OCM? hell, i can't find an employer that would pay for an=20
> online course, much less send me to REAL training.

This has become a real problem. All that outsourcing has brought down not only our salaries, but also the benefits. Training was the first thing to go, and I haven't had a day of training, paid for by the employer, ever since 2002, when I was sent to the useless "Introduction to Oracle*Net 8i" training, just to fill the quota of the attendees. Unfortunately, it looks like the outsourcing is going to continue, and that is a darned shame and will, probably, hit me hard financially in the incoming years. From this perspective, EU starts looking better and better. Mogens, do you need an experienced DBA on that long ship of yours?

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA

The information contained in this communication,
including attachments, is strictly confidential
and for the intended use of the addressee only;
it may also contain proprietary, price sensitive,
or legally privileged information. Notice is hereby
given that any disclosure, distribution, dissemination,
use, or copying of the information by anyone other
than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited
and may be illegal. If you have received this communication
in error, please notify the sender immediately by
reply e-mail, delete this communication, and destroy
all copies.

Corporate Systems, Inc. has taken reasonable precautions
to ensure that any attachment to this e-mail has been
swept for viruses. We specifically disclaim all liability
and will accept no responsibility for damage sustained
as a result of software viruses and advise you to carry
out your own virus checks before opening any attachment.

http://www.star.net.uk

Confidentiality: this email and any attachments sent with it are intended only for the use of the person(s) named above, and are confidential. If they have come to you in error you must not act upon them, nor must you copy them, print them or show them to anyone else. Please notify the sender as soon as possible by replying to this email, and then delete this email (and its attachments) from your system. If you require assistance please telephone our Information Systems Help Desk on (0191) 2552222.

Security Warning: email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free. The sender does not accept any liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this notice that arise as a result of email transmission. If you require verification of this email or any attachment sent with it, please request a hard copy version.

Viruses: in keeping with good computing practice we take reasonable measures to scan emails and attachments prior to their transmission. However, it is your responsibility to take precautions to check for and to protect against viruses. We accept no liability for loss or damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. You should carry out your own virus check before opening this email and any attachment(s) sent with it.

http://www.star.net.uk