Symbolic Links in Oracle9.2.0.1

From: Janardhana Babu Donga <jbdonga_at_ucdavis.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 17:16:29 -0700

Dear List Members,

If I use symbolic links, create database stmt fails in oracle 9.2.0.1. If I remove the soft links, create database stmt succeeds.

I am forced to remove symbolic links and use direct path for Logfiles, system file, tempfile and undofile etc. from the create database stmt. Does it mean that the symbolic links are not permitted in Oracle 9.2.0.1 ? I have several 8.1.7.4 databases that use symbolic links. Do I need to change them before upgrading to 9.2.0.1?

Please let me know if anyone has experienced the above problem.

I am on Sun Sparc Solaris 5.8